Friday, December 16, 2005

I feel like this...


Teaching other people about God and his son is the most important thing we can do for somebody? I've never been big on magazine placement in the door to door ministry. It's my personal opinion that the JW ministry is designed to only allow a few believers to trickle in here and there. We go to the territory, find maybe one person (or none) and gradually groom them to come to the kingdom hall. Our new prospects are hand picked. We don't even advertise the weeks talk on the sign out front of the building!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... I can relate to this one! I remember seeing stacks and stacks of old Watchtower and Awake! magazines at the homes of other Jehover Witnesses. They all felt too guilty to simply throw them away, so every now and then they would grab a huge stack and leave them on people's doors and other places where the property owners would then promptly throw them away.

I eventually figured out that I could just toss my huge stack in the garbage and be done with it.

The Watchtower Society proudly tells everyone that they print millions and millions of copies every few weeks... but I have to wonder just how many are actually read by anyone and how many end up in the trash or to bottom of a bird cage. I'm inclined to believe that the trash heap sees more copies than eyes.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting behind the scene commentary as to how you really feel. Would you throw these in the trash for me? Heavy. The underlying wish, that is.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, these JWs were placing too much on themsleves. Each publisher is allowed to pick the quantity that believe that can place, be it 0 or 15 or more even. How ever, never have i heard that they leave stacks. That is a bad impression i am sure that they sure apologize for. As for the millions of copies.. thats true, since they are printed in many languages all over the world but America's the only place where they can be wasted like that

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home